Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C Reports: End date is not available as a characteristic in Visit

Gayatri_Bagde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to design a report to display "Overdue Visits". To achieve this, I need to give selection criteria as "End Date<Today" and "Status=Open".

I have created report using data source "Visit Header".

But in this data source, "End date" field is given as "Key Figure", it is not available in characteristic and I am not able to give selection criteria to Key figure and hence cannot filter the report result.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Waiting for your valuable responses.

Thanks in Advance,

Gayatri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gayatri

You can achieve this requirement in two steps:

1. Create a calculated key figure using the boolean operator: Greater Than (GT) as follows:

GT("end date","today'). This new key figure will show 1 where the condition is satisfied and 0 if not.

2. Now you can set a condition on the key figure as shown below:

This will filter out all the visits which is not overdue:

By doing this, you dont have to necessarily set a fixed value selection for the characteristic - status.

P.S: I suppose you have raised an incident with the same issue, we have updated the incident with the solution.

-GowriShankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayatri,

What you are asking for is a great example of a "restricted" key figure. What that is basically a technique where you need to filter out a data set based on a calculation done on a column value.

You have to image analytics similar to excel where the datasource is nothing more than a table/worksheet of raw data. You will then either need to do a filter of column data with an existing characteristic (like you can in excel when you click on filters to filter out data by column values) or create a new column and populate that column with a calculation of data from other column values within the row. For example you would take the "today" column value and calculate a condition such as true/false, numeric value, etc... so you can eventually filter on it. The calculated key figure is the calculating values as keyfigures, the restricted key figure is the filtering on the key figures (standard or calculated).

The restricted key figure/calculated key figure exactly does this manual excel work we all do, but do these filtering/calculations at run time of the report. You define the restrictions and calculations, and analytics engine will always run that on the dataset and give a out of filtered data and potentially more column values via the calculated key figures.

Once you understand these basics, you can create some very powerful analytics than the basic "list" report we all know and is the basis to create meaningful dashboards of kpis/exceptions etc...