cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pass parameter to call java(as url format) from crystal report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to pass parameter to call java as url format from crystal report?

Here is the task:

One of our client requested us to come up with Reporting tools capability to retrieve Optim Archived data (Structured data with File Attachments).

In case of unstructured data/file attachments, we just need to check if the Java plug-in can be integrated(can we trigger the Java Plug-in URL from the reporting tool) with the sap crystal reporting tools.

I can retrieve optim archived data through ODBC connection in crystal report. But I am not able to fetch the attachments in crystal report which is exists in

that file. So our thought is if I pass the parameter to call java utility then through java we can access it.

Please any one help is it possible to pass parameter in url format? If so please let me know how I can achieve that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, depending on which version of Crystal you're using, you would be able to add a link to an object on the screen and use fields from your data to set parts of the URL dynamically.

-Dell

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

A couple of ways to possibly make this work. Do you have a .NET Developer available?

What you can do is create a UFL, User Function Library, that runs code to do the extraction for you in a formula.

Search for UFL in the .NET SDK forum and you'll find a KBA on how to write one and an example for both C#, COM and Java.

Another option is to write an Addin for CR Designer. That may or may not work for you though, all depends on processing timing...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for the update. But I am not using .NET developer.  Other than that any other way like is there any way to pass the parameter as url in crystal report to other application?

0 Kudos

There is a Java UFL sample also, see if that helps.

Otherwise post to the Java forum... Someone there may be able to help.

Don