Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU Management in EWM

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

could you help me to get step by step configuration for HU management in EWM? I done packing specification but handling unit is not getting generated.

we have partner storage location in ECC to unpack, how it is done in EWM? Please help me to understand HU management in EWM perspective.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pardeep Malik and Sathish,

I have corrected number range, i am able to create HU manually (Warehous task --> packing), but still automatic packing not coming even i have condition records. attached screen shots

am i missing something?

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabakaran,

Check whether activate the   "No automatic packing filed" in document type of WR . make sure to deactivate the field.

pardeep_malik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are you doing ? Automatic Packing during Inbound Delivery creation.

if yes, then

1. If you have selected the No Automatic Packing check box in SPRO ; Inbound Delivery  Manual Settings  Define Document Types for Inbound Delivery Process the system does not perform automatic packing when it creates an inbound delivery.

Check this for Inbound Delivery document type in Std SAP it is PDI

2. your condition type should be 0IBD instead of 0PAL in first screen shot if you are using Std Conditions.

Regards,

Pardeep Malik

pardeep_malik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And also check in for document type INB and Document Category PDI, there should not be any partner role; if it is there(SFPRT) then you have maintain that partner in conditions

ship from

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Malik,

You are correct, i maintained above setting now automatic packing is working for inbound delivery.

Thanks for your timing and help.

Dear Sathish,

Thanks for your timing as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabakaran,

Please go through this link

Defining Packaging Material Types in the ERP System and EWM (SAP Library - Service Parts Management:...

If possible share the screen short of pack spec condition record and make sure  to activate HU creation button in Level type & place packaging material in the element group of pack spec.

Note : Assign internal number ranges to EWM packing material type.

Thanks

Sathish

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sathis & Malik,

Thanks for your help. I will check and update status.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy

pardeep_malik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabakaran,

If you Storage loction is eWM managed then it is not possible to assign any location as Partner Storage location in ECC.

2nd thing, The system pick pack spec from condition records you have maintained. Check the condition records for your pack spec.

If all is correct, then check the number range for HU in customisation.

Hope this helps you !