Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need information on Connect Direct in SAP

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need some inputs on Connect Direct. (I don not have any idea on this)

My client is asking for Integral Specification Interface for Cost centers and WBS Projects .

I explored it in Google, But did not get full information. My queries are as below...

1. Where i will get the ABAP program for sending / receiving the data via Connect Direct ?

2. My Functional Consultant showed PHP coding. But I didn't get anything over there . What I can expect from FC to resolve this issue ?

3. Where I can check this Integral Specification Interface in SAP ABAP / PHP coding ?

Please help on this as I am new to this Connect Direct topic.

Awaiting for your valuable responses.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

-Chetan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sounds like you didn't get much of a specification! I feel for you. Maybe you should talk to your team leader about it.

I've never heard of Connect:Direct, but I did a quick google. It's just a system for transferring files, like FTP.

You can control it using the commands of your local operating system (eg UNIX).

Of course, from ABAP you can execute operating system commands via transaction SM69.

There are some UNIX examples for Connect:Direct on the IBM site:

IBM Knowledge Center

cheers

Paul

2 REPLIES 2

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sounds like you didn't get much of a specification! I feel for you. Maybe you should talk to your team leader about it.

I've never heard of Connect:Direct, but I did a quick google. It's just a system for transferring files, like FTP.

You can control it using the commands of your local operating system (eg UNIX).

Of course, from ABAP you can execute operating system commands via transaction SM69.

There are some UNIX examples for Connect:Direct on the IBM site:

IBM Knowledge Center

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Thanks Paul.

I got to know that Connect:Direct is a used to move data from one host to another.

But actually I wanted to know how ABAP program executes OS commands.

Thanks for your inputs. will explore on it more via SM69 as well.

Regards,

-Chetan