Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Development Configurations after System Copy

former_member292569
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we just copied a NWDI system from one host to another. After that I changed the Track configuration on the new NWDI to reflect the changed hostname and port (Domain and Track data). After that I tried to import the development configuration into the development studio but the hostnames in the configuration doesn't seem to be changed. The values are still the old ones.

Can anybody tell me what's wrong and what to do?

Btw: we are running NW2004s SPS09.

Thanks and best regards

Jens Wannenmacher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member292569
Participant
0 Kudos

See my last post

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

if nobody come with a better solution - you can manually edit the .CONFDEV file of your development configuration and manually correct the path to the NWDI system.

It is located in the workspace of the dev studio.

Still, I would not recommend this approach, but it should work.

If somebody come up with another proposal, try it first.

Regards, Jordan

null

former_member292569
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just deleted my whole workspace. Then I tried to open the development configuration from the server again. Same result: the old data is displayed...

Regards

Jens

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hm, just a guess - you have already changed the SLD configuration of the Dev Studio to point to the new location, right?

(Window -> Preferences -> Java Development Infrastructre -> Development Configuration Pool)

Jordan

former_member292569
Participant
0 Kudos

yes I have...

Is there something to configure in the SLD Data Supplier service on the NWDI system?

Regards

Jens

Edit: I found out, that the SLD Connection on my NWDI wasn't properly configured. Now if I connect to the DevConf. on the old system I get the correct development for the new system. Any suggestions on how to solve that?

Edit2: solved the problem. The reason was we had SLD and NWDI on one host before the changes. after the changes we used the wrong SLD...

Message was edited by:

Jens Wannenmacher