Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSLDAPSYNC_USER not creating user in SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are currently facing an issue with SAP Standard Program RSLDAPSYNC_USER.

We have scheduled this job to run every six hours in Production system so that any new user created in AD is synced to backend CRM and BW systems.

This job runs at regular interval with a successful status. However the users are not created in the system.

In case we execute this job manually using SE38 transaction code, we are able to create the user without any issue.

It is also weird that this job is scheduled to run since more than a year and earlier this issue was never faced.

Any guidance on what is being missing and what is wrong with the Program?

Thanks & Regards,

V!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V

Check the variant assigned to the job is still valid.

Regards

Arden

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V

Check the variant assigned to the job is still valid.

Regards

Arden

0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

I am not sure how to confirm if variant is still valid.

However when I check variant for RSLDASYNC_USER, I am able to select the variant which was created.

Is there any other way to confirm if a given variant is valid or not?

Thanks & Regards,

V!

0 Kudos

Locate the variant assigned to the job in SM37. Check the "Step", variant will be located there.

Then run SE38 for the program using that variant

0 Kudos

Hi,

• Does the background user have the proper authorizations.
  • Are you running the program in background with same user who is able to create users VIA SE38.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

I tried to execute the job using the variant and was able to create successfully without any user.

I am unable to figure out why the same is not being able to do with the scheduled jobs

Thanks & Regards,

V!

0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, the background user has proper authorizations.

Thanks & Regards,

V!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Debug the background job to find the root cause.Set a break point in the program

Please find the below steps to debug job

• Go to SM37
  • select your finished
  • Enter jdbg in command prompt.
  • Click enter and debugging mode will be on and press F8 to stop at the break-point

Thanks

-Learner

0 Kudos

Hi Learner,

I tried to follow the steps as mentioned above.

However I am unable to go to debug mode. Is it because I am trying in Prod environment?

Thanks & Regards,

V!

0 Kudos

Hi,

• Try with firefighter access in production or request for debugging role for couple of days
  • If you have similar issue in Qbox, then u can try debugging in Q.

Thanks

-Learner

0 Kudos

Hi Learner,

With assistance from an ABAPer, we were able to debug the background job.

We understand users cannot be created due to LDAPRC = 4 value (Maximum number of find results exceeded)

We understand there is some Page Size setting that has to be made at Directory side.

We have advised the same to team who is managing user creation in Active Directory and see if this resolves our issue.

Thanks & Regards,

V!