Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Number handling at Item Level.

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

I would like a generate separate change numbers for each BOM Items added to my engineering record.So that each BOM can have their own valid from date. I think i can achieve this through change number handling at Item level.

I need expertise advise to see if I can automate this so that a change number gets generated automatically for each BOM item.I can use the method CREATE_ECN_AT_ECR_ITEM.

Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Jo Pz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

IS it not possible with SPRO configuration Make setting for Engineering Record -->  Change Number Handling at Item level.

It should work I believe,

Thanks and regards,

Niketan

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did try that but I am unable to get the result. I had configured to create a change number at the INPR status.The change number is not getting created.

I expected the new change number to be in "New Change No field"...Kindly advise.

Jo

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jo Yes It should appear in New Change No field.

please find below test screenshots

once DIR is set to IN Process New change number automatically created

Thanks and regards,

Niketan

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Niketan,

Thats works.

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are welcome Jo, If this solved your Q, will appreciate if u close the q nd mark my answer

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

Yes, I was able to create change master at Item level.But I would like to know if I use this method CREATE_ECN_AT_ECR_ITEM, is it possible for me to create the change number automatically with a similar number range of the Lead change number.

For eg: If my lead change number is 15102015, I would like to have my change master at the item level by 15102015-1, 15102015-2.....etc.

Kindly advise.

Jo

Answers (0)