Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to FILE error: External segment name E2WPREB01000 cannot be interpreted

former_member244059
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I'm new to PI, and have been trying to create a simple IDOC to FILE scenario.

ECC 7.3; PI 7.4

On ECC:

• I've created a RFC Connection to PI
  • I've created a tRFC por (WE21)
  • I've created a partner profile for PI System, and Outbound Message Type WPDREB
  • I"ve created the distribution model for the same message type, and distributed it

I execute trx WPMA and the IDOC is created. I check the IDOC status in trx WE02 and it displays the error: "Status: Error triggering EDI subsystem"

On PI:

• I've created a RFC Connection to ECC
  • I've created a port to ECC system (IDX1)
  • I've imported the metadata of IDOC type WPDREB01
  • After I exported the IDOC from ECC, I execute WE02 on PI and see the error message: "External segment name E2WPREB01000 cannot be interpreted"

The segment E2WPREB01000 is imported when executing IDX2

I've imported the IDOC on the SWCV, also I've created the Data Type (for XML File), Message Type, Inbound System Interface, Message Mapping (From IDOC to File), Operation mapping (also from IDOC to File).

I've created a Business System pointing to ECC, a Third Party Receiver Business System, an IDOC_AAE Sender Communication Channel on the ECC BS, an File Receiver Communication Channel on 3rd Party BS, and the Integrated Configuration putting it all together.

But keep getting this error.

I've created a few File to IDOC scenarios with no problems at all; but can't get IDOC to File working.

Anything else I should check out?

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member244059
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you AK.

I looked for information on configuring IDOC_AAE and indeed I had to configure it differently from the classic aproach.

The problem is resolved.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesus Bohorquez

you have done  ALE configurations for classical approch of IDOC interface and your saying that you have created IDOC_AAE communication channel it only supports while working with ICO,If your doing classical approch no need to create sender Idoc communication channel.

While creating meta data in IDX2 you have to add extension of idoc also along with Idoc type.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the IDOC type your using?

Do a connection test in SM59 and check whether you have enabled something the EDI Tab in SM59

Check this note 562925 and the below link

https://scn.sap.com/thread/765346