Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to upload/download files in SAPGUI JAVA 740 for Ubuntu OS

Raghu1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are having an issue uploading a file from the Ubuntu Desktop via SAPGUI JAVA 740.

The program error says cannot open file and no other error.

However the same file works when we use SAPGUI Windows 740 .

What is the security settings which needs to be kept for SAPGUI JAVA and how should we change it ?

Advice on this issue is very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Amogh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Amough,

In case the message says "Security Access Violation", you should have a look at note 2045689 how to add the required FilePermission to allow access to the file.

Otherwise, the trace as mentioned by Jude would be helpful.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Raghu1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please let me know how and where should I make changes for this permission.

I tried to add the script but cannot add it in edit trust level of SAPGUI JAVA.

Thanks and Regards,

Amogh

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Amogh,

goto Preferences->Configuration->Trust Level Editor and follow the steps in note 2045689.

To be a bit more specific than the note, after adding the template for the new permission ("Permissions" -> "Add Permission"), the steps are

In the editor, open the context menu on <PermissionClass> and select “FilePermission”.

Open the context menu on <<ALL FILES>> and open the file chooser by selecting “Choose File..”.

Navigate to the directory that is intended to be accessed.

Open the context menu on <Actions> to specify the file access mode (read, write ...).

Create additional Permissions for the files inside the directory and the directories below the given directory if desired. (You need to add ${/}* and ${/}- to the path by typing manually).

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Amough.

Linux has more restrictive permissions than Windows OS's does.

Is this an end-user with the issue or does the issue occur logged in as Admin too?

A JavaGUI trace might help

See note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/683960 - The most common traces for SAP GUI for Java

Regards,

Jude