Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able see data preview of Calculation View with input parameter

former_member224444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using HANA Cloud and practicing modelling.  I have created a calculation view with input parameter. As we all know that we will not have authorization to see data preview of calculation view directly from the content folder in Cloud platform. So when seeing data preview of calc view from the _SYS_BIC Schema in catalog

Am getting below error

"Error: SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:  [34092] search on calculation model requires parameters;Required variable $$in_empid$$ is not set.

Possible Cause(s): The value for the input parameter used in a calculated column is missing

Proposed Solution(s): Either set the default value for the input parameter while creating it, or provide the value for the input parameter at runtime during data preview"

Because of this am not able to create and call any calc view, please help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

Rithika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rithika,

The Problem is with Data Preview. It is a HANA Studio data preview bug. If you provision the same Calculation view to Reporting (BEx query) the model executes fine.

Input parameters are not binding/mapping properly in HANA studio data preview mode.

The same Model with Input parameters works fine in Reporting tool but not in HANA Studio Data Preview.

SAP needs to correct this bug!!

Regards

Kiran

Answers (0)