cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP 5.0 Process Modeling Authorization

clay-t
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is anyone else having issues with IBP 5.0 access to the Process Modeling tile?  Even with IBPADMIN user that is supposed to have all authorization (which I sort of question when I start digging into the various role definitions), when I click on the Process Modeling tile I get the message that I am not authorized.  I do have the IBP_PRCESS and ACTVT 23 objects in one of my assigned profiles as well as the front end and back end roles for Administration Apps.

Meanwhile, I am able to get into all other tiles with no issue.

I have, of course, noticed issues between ability to use/access IBP (and seeing the tiles) with Chrome vs. IE Edge (Windows 10).  Currently, IE Edge works for me but things are missing completely when I access via Chrome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clay-t
Explorer
0 Kudos

FYI -- thanks to our friends at SAP, we do have an answer to this issue... and it's not authorization-related.  In order to access this area, there is a global configuration parameter that must be created/entered.

Go to the "Configuration" tile in the Administration tile group;

Choose "Manage Global Configurations" in the Miscellaneous settings;

Create new:

Parameter Group = COLLABORATION

Parameter Name = COLLABORATION_ENABLED

Parameter Value = TRUE

At that point, you can at least access the "Process Modeling" tile ... we will need to get JAM up and running for what we will eventually be wanting to do with the process definition.

Thanks,

Clay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know of a class for Security Authorizations and Development for IBP.  We are implementing IBP now but since SUIM is no longer available to use as a tool to research security roles, authorization object etc.. what is the process for doing this or is there training that can be taken?

Thank You

Kim

clay-t
Explorer
0 Kudos

Kimberly,

I do not believe there is a class specific to IBP authorizations as yet; however, the various documentation references provided by SAP folks earlier in this thread is certainly helpful. 

When we were implementing, the process does tend to be to use the "template" roles/profiles that SAP has provided but then perhaps needing to put specific values (client values for model, etc.) into certain authorization fields to complete.  I wouldn't necessarily call it straightforward, given issues we had in trying to get the correct authorizations/settings to enable transports to the productive client, but we also did not have very refined profiles to set up in the first phase (limited user pool, which will expand in later phases and require a stricter protocol when deploying).

Security seems to have moved another step beyond in 6.1 release over 5.0, but I won't have a more definitive grasp on whether that is the feeling or fact until closer to the end of this month once I have been on a 6.1 system.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Clay

Thanks for posting the answer.

Do you know where we can list of Parameter Group, Parameter Names, Possible Values and their meaning/usage.  As I understand one Parameter Group can have multiple Parameter names for different purposes.

FYI - I have seen the drop down list when we try create new Global Configuration.  More interested in Possible values and their usage/purpose/meaning.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

clay-t
Explorer
0 Kudos

We were talking today that it would be nice to have a listing such as you describe, Satish ... unfortunately, we do not have a list like that at this time and don't know as though SAP has that list in any of their literature.

Sorry,

Clay

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Clay,

The parameters are listed in chapter 16.4:

http://help.sap.com/download/ibp/ibp40_model_ref_en.pdf

Regards

Alecsandra

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For 5.0, maybe this link http://help.sap.com/download/ibp/ibp50_sp02_model_conf.pdf since there could be minor differences presently compared to 4.0.

Regards.

YS