SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Billing - Move in and Move out scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have activated the Advance Billing flag on the Rate Category, MRU. The advance billing works just fine. However, when I carry out a move out. the advance billing lines don't get deleted. I cannot use backbilling as advance billing and back billing wont work in conjunction. Is there a standard way of reversing charges calculated in advance period when a move out is carried out?

I also activated BADI for the move in billing but I have not been successful in generating a move in billing order. While I have been able to achieve the same results using manual bill, a standard would be a great idea. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Morkiya

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Please check the Advance billing indicator in the schema as they would define whether the schema step should execute or not. In your case for move-out and move-in scenarios you can configure specific rate steps to handle that. Also Advance Billing is generally used for statistical purpose and is generally not posted. Another way would be for the Billprint program to handle this by ignoring this line item for move-out and move-in invoice printing..

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com