Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Editor for SCN Blog post

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Just curious to know if there is any Offline editor for SCN Blog post writing, just like we have Windows Live Writer for Wordpress and other blogs.

Thanks-

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Short answer...nope.

I usually write mine in something like Word and then cut/paste into the blog editor. I have had MANY times before where I wrote a long blog between "save" and it got lost due to time out, network issue, SCN issue, etc....so I learned the hard way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same here. Though the problem usually seems to come with having too many / too large of graphics or screenshots in the blog. It really sucks to hit 'Save' partway through composing and have half of it disappear.

The hassle with cutting and pasting, of course, is that section tags don't always translate so well, but you can use the "Styles" (Heading 1, Heading 2, Normal, etc) in Word to get it mostly right. I like to use this feature for providing a linked ToC in my blogs. Then after the paste, you just spend a little time cleaning up the format, paragraph spacing, and adding the screenshots (the most dangerous part).

After the new SCN comes out, though, Wordpress is supposed to be the underlying platform, so there will likely be more options for this.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When I copy and paste from Word, I use the remove formatting tool to bring all the style into SCN's format.  Have you tried it?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I haven't. Wouldn't that remove the style tags that then become, well, style tags again in SCN blogs?

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Removes local formatting but keeps header tags, bullets, bold/strong, italics. 

You can just drop a formatted Word doc (copy/paste) and then use this feature to apply SCN style (font, color, etc).