Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL10A User specific layout

AM7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

the transaction VL10A is used in different distribution centers of our company and the users have different layout requirements.

The issue is that it seems not possible to create a user specific layout. The check box is greyed out on the layout saving screen.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

The SAP version used is ECC 6.0 Release 702.with AFS 605.

Thank you

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

user must be assigned authorization object "S_ALV_LAYO" activity "23" to create a user specific layout.

Br
Michael

AM7
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have this assigned to my user but still are not able to create a user specific layout.

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you logged off and logon after the authorization assignment?

AM7
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did not have to because it was already assigned to me from the beginning.

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are familiar with debugger please set a breakpoint in coding below and start VL10A. We have to check if authorization properly will be checked.

AM7
Explorer
0 Kudos

This solved my problem.

Actually it is still not solved but I found out the reason:

In the userexit right after this authority check the Variable cf_save_alv_variant is reset to 'X'.

So this is no standard behavior.

I now have to find out why this was changed in our company.

Thank you very much for your help!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN influences VA* transactions, but not VL* in a standard system.

It is possible to restrict layout saving in VL10* / VA* with custom coding (I have seen something similar at a customer). Check note 306882 - VL10: 'Save display variant' can be activated  - I know it is for an old version, but gives an idea how it can be achieved.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My understanding of the problem is that the consultant wishes to allow the creation of user-specific layouts for VL10, but the user-specific option is not active in the popup.

Have you tested whether SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN value is checked in VL10*?

Note 300633 states where the parameter is checked in standard.

I have actually tried this in IDES ECC6.0 EhP4 and it does not appear to work for VL10A.

AM7
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tested SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN and it does not work for VL10A.

In some other transactions (like MB52 for example) there is the possibility for each individual user to define a User Layout which can also be used as default setting for this user only.

Is there a way to activate this functionality in VL10A?

I checked also the SAP Notes but they were not much helpful.

Thanks

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SU01 - User Profile - Maintain " SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN"  as " X"  or "A" and try.

Regards,

SRK