Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E lock issue in table

0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have locked the data of table by E lock through one transaction .Now  i am using a report  to read the Locked data that i am able to read into internal table but as far as E lock concerned it neither allow read access or write access to other transaction untill the lock is released.

So why am i able to read the data in other transaction which is locked ?

3 REPLIES 3

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please provide some more details. Which transaction(s) / report(s) you are refering to in your explanation above?

Br

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I opened a new SE38 transaction to make report . In the report i am reading the same data which i have locked by old transaction with FM <lock obj name>_enqueue. The data i am able to read with report but as E lock says data can not be read if is locked.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only program/reports that check the lock will be unable to read/manage those data, any report will be able to use any SQL statement on the data, as the Abap lock doesn't trigger any lock at database level.

Also check level of lock requested/acquired by the transactions.

Regards,

Raymond