cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronous proxy scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our current landscape we have a synchronous Proxy<->Proxy scenario. Whenever I tried to test the proxy from sproxy transaction I am getting a timeout exception response in source.

INTERNAL_CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED Error while receiving by HTTP (error code: 402 , error text: Connection to partner timed out after 120s).

It is not helping out after setting icm/conn_timeout.

I have also followed below document. But it is more on asynchronous one.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

Regards,

Soumyadip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any suggestion on this issue?

Regards,

Soumyadip

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyadip,

If you are experiencing a timeout in a synchronous scenario then I would first setup a trace in the receiving system to see why it is taking longer than 120 seconds.  Find the root cause in that system and then you can eliminate the timeout problem.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

I have executed proxy at inbound side. There it is showing the result within few seconds.

Regards,

Soumyadip

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyadip,

If it is taking more than 120 seconds to finish a round trip but you know it's short processing time on the receiver side then I would start looking at running a network trace.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

How to test network trace at receiver side?

Regards,

Soumyadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone tell me the configuration for sender and receiver channel for synchronous proxy communication using SOAP adapter XI 3.0 protocol?

Regards,

Soumyadip

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyadip,

You would need someone on the network side of the house to perform a trace for you while you are executing/triggering the synchronous proxy call.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

The response is coming now but it is sending blank value to PI. Any pointer to rectify such kind of error.

Regards,

Soumyadip

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyadip,

I would temporarily turn on LOGGING_SYNC in the receiving system under SXMB_ADM so you can see what it is trying to send by viewing the message in SXMB_MONI.  That will give you some idea of what the outgoing traffic is once it executes the proxy.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

LOGGING_SYNC value has been set as 1. In SPROXY itself I can able to see the value but in SXMB_MONI blank value is showing.

Regards,

Soumyadip

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyadip,

If you can see the value in sproxy but not in SXMB_MONI then you want to be sure you are executing the same proxy in sproxy and that the account has proper authorizations.  One option is to set the account for the proxy execution to a dialog user and use an external breakpoint to make sure it is executing the way that you expect.  If the external breakpoint never triggers then it would mean you are executing some other proxy or possibly that the account does not have the proper authorizations to execute a proxy.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

Whenever in E2E, I am passing some hard coded value or guid(which has data type as raw type) from inbound proxy I could able to see response is coming as expected in outbound structure. This is bit strange.

Regards,

Soumyadip

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyadip,

I'm assuming you mean you can see it when you execute it in sproxy?  If so, you still need to ensure whichever user you are executing the proxy with via PI should have proper authorizations.  Otherwise, you would need to double check that the proxy you expect is getting executed also.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

Concerned user have SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER role but still it is sending blank response.

Regards,

Soumyadip

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyadip.

Can you refer the below link and see if it helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

In message monitoring I can see message expired on outbound side. I am using SOAP XI protocol for sending message. So how to configure sender channel for this synchronous proxy scenario?

Regards,

Soumyadip

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyadip,

If you are using dual stack version, then you don't have to configure a channel for the sender proxy communication. But if you are using PI single stack version, you need to configure the proxy channel with SOAP adapter and the message protocol as XI 3.0

Configuring the Sender SOAP Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Can you also check the timeout maintained in PI system due to which the sync message is getting expired.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Without creating sender channel how do I create an ICO in PI dual stack.

Regards,

Soumyadip

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyadip,

If the ID configuration is good, then Can you check the timeout maintained in PI system due to which the sync message is getting expired.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Timeout parameter is maintained properly.

Regards,

Soumyadip