Work Experience, Education and Qualification Transfer e-Rec to SAP HCM (and viceversa)
We are in the design phase for an e-Rec implementation project.
Our landscape is defined through having two different environments one for SAP HCM and one for e-Recruiting.
Our approach is to use the RFC connection and ALE technology for this implementation. We do not expect using XI for integrating both environments.
e-Recruiting is the golden system for Candidates and SAP HCM is the golden system for employees i.e. employees (Internal Candidates) can not update their Candidate Profile in e-Rec but in SAP HCM.
One of our current open topics on the design is about Work Experience, Education and Qualification data transfer from e-Rec to SAP HCM (and back to e-Recruiting from SAP HCM once the Candidate has been accepted and becomes an employee).
I have read a lot of posts regarding this topic and I would like to ensure first I have the right understanding about the possibilities and how to solve them and driving to the best solution for the customer.
Let me start by what I consider the easiest one: Qualifications.
About Qualifications going from e-Rec to SAP HCM it is clearly described in this post e Recruitment EP5-Qualifications transfer Ex. Candidates.
I assume the Data Transfer from SAP HCM to e-Rec regarding Qualifications assigned to an employee would be a matter of defining the right criterias on the ALE/IDoc settings. Am I right? (I am just looking for a confirmation)
About Work Experience and Education the topic is a bit more tricky.
Work Experience and Education e-Rec infotypes (IT5103 and IT5104) have a structure almost identical to the Talent Management Infotypes (IT7403 and IT7404).
Data Transfer from e-Rec to SAP HCM for those infotypes is SAP standard using XI technology (XI is not in our project landscape). Is the Data Transfer from SAP HCM to e-Rec also covered by XI?
One the same hand, as XI is not in our current landscape we were not considering this option additionally to the fact, Talent Management infotypes can not be maintained on the backend and just through the portal / ESS / HR Renewal accessing to the Talent Management section (not in the same section than Personal Data) so the HR Admin will need to log in SAP HCM back-end (or HR Renewal) for managing changes on the employee profile and into the portal (or HR Renewal) in another section for the Talent Management updates.
So at this point, we think about using old IT0023 and IT0022 for Work Experience and Education information storage in SAP HCM and making the proper enhancements on data transfer (e-Rec > SAP HCM) and IDoc processing (SAP HCM > e-Rec) in order to make it happen.
So from what I understood from several posts I read:
1) First step is to align the data structures between IT0023 and IT5103 and IT0022 and IT5104, as e-Rec structure is more powerful than the SAP HCM old solution, the alignment would happen considering the e-Rec structure as the base so adding the e-Rec fields into SAP HCM structure
2) Second step would be enhancing the Data Transfer activity and including the information stored into the IT5103 and IT5104 into the one being moved to SAP HCM
3) From the information stored into the staging table in SAP HCM (the one fed by the previous process) PA48 will be run including this information. The only question in here, is how we can set a dynamic action as the number of records for IT0023 and IT0022 is variable?
It would end the part of transferring information from e-Rec to SAP HCM.
For transferring information from SAP HCM to e-Rec:
1) Including IT0023 and IT0022 into the IDoc filters in order to get them moved
2) Enhancing the HR_INB_PROCESS_IDOC in order to have the information correctly updated and assigned to the candidate
Did I miss anything?
Do you have any case of success applying (more or less) the same criterions? (A confirmation would be enough in order to see we are on the right path)
Thank you very much in advance for your inputs!
keep smiling : )