cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work item is disappearing from approval inbox in SRM portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are facing a strange concern where the work item is disappearing from approval inbox in SRM Portal when clicking.

we are facing issue while performing SES release. The work item disappear from approval inbox while clicking on it, in SRM PORTAL and upon refreshing reappear. However, we are unable to perform approval for the SES an error - Acttion not Valid for this item - appears.

Could you please check and advise if anyone has any other suggestions on the above. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Sailaja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

please provide any resolution for the above issue.

User is only unable to open 3 SESs', he can able to approve rest of the work items in his inbox.

Please let me know if any one can help on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sailaja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. check if the workflow is getting created in SWIA and if it is in error/completed status

2. check the trace in swel

3. if in step 1 its automatic completion and removal of workflow

4. then manually trigger event using SWUE,if possible send it to different agent

5. If the workflow is completed automaticalyy and disappearing from the inbox,delete the document,recreate the document

Regards,

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think this is the issue with workflow roles,see if the user is assigned as a reviewer?,i think the WI is being sent to approver and reviewer,here the user might be reviewer,if approver is approving the WI before the reviewer does his job,the WI may disappear,do see if any BADI is used

regards,

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks thats a helpful answer but:

1. Could you please tell me how to check whether that user is assigned as a reviewer or approver? which Tcode is used?

2. where to check, is that SES release sent to two users(i.e, reviewer and approver)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sailaja,

Please check the user having required authorization to display the work item.

There is authorization object related to Workflow: Work Item Handling(S_WF_WI)

Check with security team for authorization.

Best Regards,

Siddappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddapa,

Could you please provide how to check that authorization object for the specific user? which T-codes to be used to display (S_WF_WI)?

Siddapa,

Checked with security team, that user have roles to approve Service Entry Sheet. any other resolution on this issue?

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards,

Sailaja

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Saliaja,

Is the workitem is a user decision or any other activity.

Can you please open the same from back end and paste the screen shot.

Thanks

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Nishant, as we have no access to backend, I could provide the information what user is facing: When user opens his Approval Inbox in portal( SAP ERP 6.0/NW7.01), he can see a work item(SES) awaiting for approval. But when he tries to click on it, it disappears from inbox upon refreshing he gets it back. Please find the below screenshots for the same. we checked his roles to release SES and portal access, he have both. We are not getting why the error comes please provide us a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Awaiting for reply.

Regards,

Sailaja.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i guess WI concerned is an ECC one and not a SRM one.

Can user approve his SES from his SAP Business WorkPlace (SBWP transaction in ECC)?

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

User wont use any backend ECC system, they create everything on portal( i.e, SAP ERP 6.0/NW7.01). User is asking why this error pops up? we provided a resolution to forward that workitem to other person so that other person can approve it. But here, user wants to know why that is happening, why he not able to open that specific SES?

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

even if users create "everything" through EP, document created are not EP documents: there are backend documents (from SRM, CRM, ECC and so on).

When you have a workflow for your backend document, WI displayed inside EP inbox comes from user's Sap Business WorkPlace. That's why i ask you to check if user has same problem using his SBWP (it seems to be a Portal problem).

I also advise you to check workflow log for concerned dialog WI.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the reply..

In this case user have no access to use Backbone, so I cant suggest him to check in SBWP. (as that SES is Automatically created). I checked workflow log, it current release is with user only but he is unable to open that WI in his approval inbox.

Please help us with the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sailaja.