Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite survey Question ID and Answer ID

former_member182606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am creating a survey with 5 question I can see it generates unique question id and answer id.

How can overwrite it with my own ID reference ?. Like

Q1 for Question 1

Q2 for Question 2

A1 for Answer 1

A2 for Answer 2

So that it will be easy for me to write some logic based on it.

I am unable to find a place in CRM_SURVEY_SUITE transaction where I can specify this reference.

Regards,

Chella.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chella

SAP have built the logic for a reason, it ultimately uses GUID references to manage the Survey Q&A process..

I would strongly advise of not interfering with what SAP have provided.

What SAP have provided is Standard, what you want to achieve would require custom enhancements which would result in the survey process no longer being supported by SAP.

Not everything SAP provides is intended to be easy to understand...but it works.

Take a look at the following function modules in order to assist with what you wish to achieve

* CRM_SVY_DB_S_READ_SINGLE

* CRM_SVY_DB_SV_READ

You can also look at these tables

* crm_svy_db_svs

* crm_svy_re_qstnr

* crm_svy_re_quest

* crm_svy_re_answ

Regards

Arden

former_member182606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thanks for the reply.

Below is the help given by sap while creating the survey questions?

I was curious about this statement in the help. I am not able to find a place to do it. As you say I will stick with the standard.

This Id is necessary for the later evaluation of the completed survey. The system gives you a suggestion for a unique Id, but you can overwrite this.

------------------

A question consists of the attributes question text, Id, and rating factor, which you must maintain and also of as many answers as required.

A unique Id must be assigned to each question. This Id is necessary for the later evaluation of the completed survey. The system gives you a suggestion for a unique Id, but you can overwrite this.

With the rating factor, you can control the quantitative evaluation of the survey. The higher the rating factor, the greater the weighting of the question in the evaluation. In the evaluation, the calculation is made by multiplying the rating factor of each question by the rating of the selected answer.

-------------------

Thanks,

Chella.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chella

A screenshot of what you're referring to may help.

Regards

Arden

former_member182606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thanks for your reply.

I Have hard coded the logic based on the sap generated Question and answer GUID which looks like ( id_7654327643273383783 ).

Regards,

Chella.