cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT tables cleanup

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are migrating a Netweaver GRC system from SQL to Syb. This Netweaver system also has SLT and we ran into an error during export preparation where some of the tables /1CADMC/L0* and /1CADMC/000* which only exist in dictionary and not in database are not getting exported.

We get this error

Invalid object name '/1CADMC/L0000XXX'. (XXX is a number here)

ERROR: add_fld: db_get_avg_bloblen failed for table /1CADMC/L0000XXX (XXX is a number here)

I want to know how i can cleanup such temp tables.

Please note i have already stopped repliction, stopped master job, deleted the SLT configuration and triggers also as i want to setup SLT again after the migration. Can you please advise how I can cleanup such temp tables in a consistent manner

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mofizur,

Tried that too with first table and it says its still used in ABAP dictionary and i did a where used check which showed its still used in Table type /1CADMC/1CADMCL0000272 which is a Table type for /1CADMC/L0000272 so some inherent understanding is needed here and hence all the troubles. SAP support still say they will get to it so still waiting on.

Regards

Kalyan

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for sharing!

Please share the solution once you are able to crack it.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up creating the missing tables in database. SAP support were no help. I got passed on from team to team and its still with SAP. Export has finished fine since.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion. When i deleted the configuration, I deleted the triggers also from IUUC_REMOTE however there are still tables left which i think are from past configuration changes etc....and these old ones are not getting deleted from IUUC_REMOTE functions.

I logged a message too with SAP but their response is very slow.

Regards

Kalyan

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

In a different way You can write a sqlscript for all tables/triggers and run it on db level.You can give it a shot for one table and retry the export.See if it reduces from 99 to 98 or not 🙂

Thanks,

Mofizur

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow below steps to cleanup the  triggers

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3590641

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10c14106-564e-3310-cf86-be80a6c27...

i.      Call transaction IUUC_REMOTE--> Expert Functions -->Delete Triggers -->Enter the names of the replicated tables--> Execute

ii.      Determine all triggers

iii.      Execute function module DB_DROP_TRIG in transaction SE37 for every trigger (specify EXEC  = X, TABNAME = tabname and TRIG_NAME = trigger name)

iv.      Verify that no triggers remain

1899313 - SAP LT Replication Server: Triggers are not deleted

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10c14106-564e-3310-cf86-be80a6c27...

Deleting database triggers can result in serious data inconsistencies. Only delete triggers as part of this specific scenario, and not for any other scenario.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Message was edited by: M. RAHAMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for taking time out to respond

I checked most of it already however i rechecked everything per your advise and everything checksout except I still see entries in tables below

IUUC_LOGTAB_ID

DMC_STRUC_ID

DMC_ACT_REC

DMC_MT_HEADER

I see the advise above mentions to cleanup tables from SE16. Do you think these can be purged from SQL level. Also ideally these things are documented and sometimes its really hard to get hold of such documentation. Any thoughts please ?

Regards

Kalyan

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

I believe "/1CADMC/L0000XXX" tables are logging tables.Please try to delete them as per below section in following document and retry.

2.1.2 Delete Existing Logging Tables

Thanks,

Mofizur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Already tried Rahaman

and it did not work.

I think it deleted the current logging tables but these may have been tables from the past configuration and deletions that are there in the system for some reason which i am struggling to delete now.

There are 99 tables in this name range /1CADMC/L* and /1CADMC/S*

Regards

Kalyan

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

You mean to say,You can not delete them now?

Thanks,

Mofizur