SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Factory Calendar in Portion

Harel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone's,

I want to create new factory calendar, and assign it to portion with older orders.

Someone think that there is a problem to do this?

thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the portion (E41C), activate the portion in meter reading units where used (E41G) you will see the factory calendar assignment flip over to the new one. Regenerate the schedule records (E43A / E*DY). I suggest practicing in a playpen so you can get a feel for the activity. Dynamic schedules need special care in my opinion.

good luck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the portion (E41C), activate the portion in meter reading units where used (E41G) you will see the factory calendar assignment flip over to the new one. Regenerate the schedule records (E43A / E*DY). I suggest practicing in a playpen so you can get a feel for the activity. Dynamic schedules need special care in my opinion.

good luck.

0 Kudos

My 2 cents

Dynamic Schedules need the Factory Calendar to be mentioned when created. So they are dependent on the FC for each of their transactions. Now if we want to change the FC in Dynamic Scheduling, we need to check

1. No Billing Orders Exist.As Dynamic Schedules transaction work on Month basis so all MRO for the month should be read and billed.(Generally Business go for such changes at End of year to save on complexities.)

2. Pendng Schedules should be deleted.

3. FC should now be changed in portion.

4. Now with the new FC and the starting month the dynamic schedules can be generated.

There are issues in dynamic Schedules cause of which sometimes it doesn't allow one to delete generated schedules, so keep a tab on the standard tables for schedule records of Portion and MRU for consistency. And As David mentioned practice it in sandbox first .

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com