cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount condition type-Statistical but need to posted in G/L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have discount condition type which is statistical.

But customer want to track how much discount given during certain period.

So i thought of making that condition type as accrual and planned to assign account key and accrual .

Based on the below link,

I did configuration.

When i asked FI guy to provide a provisional account and G/L for maintaining VKOA settings.He wanted to know the impact of it.How this will impact P&L and trail Balance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not always required that an statistical condition type should hit a G/L account and need to be accrued in order to be tracked.

We do have a statistical condition type to track the expenses for Handling agent and through Z-program we retrieve the condition value from the invoices for settlement at month end.

As you are keen to use the statistical cond.type with accrual ,you get the G/L Account complete a cycle and provide it to your FI consultant to do his part to analyze the P/L and trial balance.

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do have a statistical condition type to track the expenses for Handling agent and through Z-program we retrieve the condition value from the invoices for settlement at month end.

I said only way what i know,please tell me how you did it.

If it is good i will use it.If any coding involved please share me the code.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do have different handling agents maintained as a Partner Function in system. The relevant handling agents will be entered during sales transactions and an statistical condition type Zxxx is available in pricing to record the charges.

In the month end we would run a settlement program :

We would enter the Handling agent code and the date range details and other particulars The query would result in all those invoices of the Handling agent code and the corresponding condition value from the invoice.

The total amount would be rechecked for accuracy and an BDC program for FB65 is run in the Background to settle those to handling agent.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

We dont add any partner function ,apart from SP,BP,SH,PY

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had mentioned what we are using in our business.

TimS1
Explorer
0 Kudos

If this is only for tracking the discount value then there should be no need to post to a GL account nor add a separate Partner Function.  Simply define the statistical condition type and run a report by customer that totals the value of that condition types value in sales/billing documents over a given period.

Obviously you would need to develop the report but I think the solution for this should be quite simple.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I came across with an idea.

In KONV table ,when Condition type is keyed in with Application and Date (from Date & To date).

We will get DocCondition number (KNUMV).

This will have list of condition types corresponding to both Billing and Sales order.(Not the complete list is getting copied in clipboard)

On copying the KNUMV no.

In the VBRK table we need to provide Billing Document type.

Place the  copied KNUMV in clipboard.

Then Execute we will get the list of KNUMV corresponding to discount condition type.

Then once again we have to copy KNUMV.

Then going back to KONV table have to feed in the list of KNUMV corresponding to Billing.

Then based on the values we can find the discount issued during particular time period.

Is there any other alternative ,please suggest

TimS1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Check also the standard reports that are available in transaction V/LD.