cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip automatic approval of forecast in SPP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

how to skip automatic approval of forecast in SAP SPP because we need to approve all the forecast manually in SPP.

Regards

Easwaran S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Easwaran,

Check your planning profile of the forecasting job.

Check whether any forecast approval service is included within the planning profile (in Any of the process block) OR any separate Planning Profile is used for Forecast Approval.

From that Forecast Approval planning profile --> Get the Service profile assigned with Forecast Approval Service.

Now go to the Forecast Approval Service Profile, Easy Access menu --> APO -->SPP-->Environment-->Current Settings-->Define Service Profile for Forecast-->Forecast Approval-->(Select the Service Profile which you'd identified from your PSM profile Earlier)--> For Äpproval Check - Select -->Never Perform Checks.

This should solved your problem, All forecast results will be approved automatically.

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to confirm stock transport requisitions manually before the system

sends them as stock transport orders, you can set the Confirm Stock Transport

Orders indicator in Customizing for Advanced Planning and Optimization under:

Supply Chain Planning→Service Parts Planning (SPP) -→Inventory Balancing

→ Make General Settings for Inventory Balancing

Regards

Rami

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Easwaran

Manual Approval can performed in Transaction /SAPAPO/SPPFCSTAPPR

Prerequisites

•   In Customizing, you have defined a profile for determining the final forecast.For more information, see the Implementation Guide (IMG) for  Advanced Planning and Optimization  under  Start of the navigation path Supply Chain Planning Next navigation stepService Parts Planning (SPP) Next navigation stepForecasting Next navigation stepDefine Final Forecast Determination Profile End of the navigation path  . 
  •   In the forecast profile, on the  General  tab page, in the  Final Forecast Determination Profile  field, you have specified one of the profiles for determining the final forecast, which you have defined in Customizing.  You get to the forecast profile from the  SAP Easy Access  screen via  Start of the navigation path Service Parts Planning (SPP) Next navigation stepPlanning Next navigation stepForecasting. End of the navigation path

Regards

Rami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

thanks a lot for your response. I have maintained the final forecast determination profile and called in final forecast profile, but i want to manually approve the forecast all the time because i dont want system to approve the forecast. Here forecast approval is executed automatically when i save the forecast.

can u help me out in this?

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The forecast planner can now view the table with the forecast values that

are greater than the limit value; that is, the values that the system does not

approve automatically.

There are three decision levels for forecast approval:

1. The Forecast Determination Profile - Determines which key figure values will be used as the final forecast.

2. The Do Not Use Disaggregated Forecast setting in the Forecast Profile. this setting is only used if the key figure Statistical/Disaggregated Forecast key figure is used in the Forecast Determination Profile to make the decision of which key figure to use the detail statistical forecast or the disaggregated forecast.

3. The Approval: Maximum Deviation value in the Forecast Profile. This determines whether the approval will be automatic or manual.

Kind Regards

Rami

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe now this answer your question , Please let me know ?

Regards

Rami

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rami,

I have maintained all the profiles mentioned by you and i also maintained the maX.approval deviation to as minimum as possible(i.e 0.01) .the forecast is approved automatically every time when i save the forecast until i change the forecast in manual forecast .

The requirement is that forecast should go for manual approval when i save the forecast every time.

can this be done in SPP? please help me out with this...

Regards,

Easwaran S

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Easwaran

Don't worry i understand the requirement clearly

But kindly understand the concept of approval :

The system compares the current final forecast with the previous final forecast and calculates the deviation. If the deviation is smaller than a certain limit value, the system saves the new final forecast values automatically and approves them in doing so. If the deviation is greater than this limit value,

the system forwards the forecast results for manual approval.

1. Which of the above forecast values is used as the final forecast by the system depends on the profile for determining the final forecast that you have selected in the forecast profile.

2. The system compares the current final forecast with the previous final forecast and calculates the deviation. If the deviation is smaller than a certain limit value, the system saves the new final forecast values automatically and approves them in doing so. If the deviation is greater than this limit value,

the system forwards the forecast results for manual approval.

3. The forecast planner can now view the table with the forecast values that are greater than the limit value; that is, the values that the system does not approve automatically.

4. On the Forecast Approval screen the forecast planner can choose the product or location for which the deviations should be shown. Forecast results for several products or locations can also be displayed. It is also possible to display all products of all locations that exceed the deviation by a certain value.

Please send your personal mail to send  Business Example with solution for more Illustration

Regards

Rami

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

what i told you before is standard practice for SPP , if you want permanently prevent this check please follow the instruction :

Define Service Profile for Forecast Approval

1. In the navigation tree, choose Forecast Approval.
  2. Choose the New Entries pushbutton and make the following entry:

Field Name

Entry

Service Profile

YSPP_FCST_APPROVAL

Description

Forecast Approval

ID for General Data

YSPP_FCST_GENERAL

Approval Check

Always Perform Checks

1. Save your entries.