cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTS and the SAP .NET Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Microsoft  end of life support for the DCOM Connector, what would be the recommended medium for connecting from Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 DTS to SAP systems.

Will the SAP .NET Connector be utilized in some way to fullfill this need?

Regards,

Lavaughn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lavaughn,

if I got you right you are currently using MSS 7.0 DTS to access SAP System ?

Could you give more details about how this is implemented ?

Are you using DCOM connector to execute RFC-Calls / BAPIS to extract data and integrate

this configuration as a generic source object into your DTS landscape ?

Or did you take a different approach ?

best regards

Wolfgang Pfeifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we make a call from at DTS Package script to an SAP function module via the SAP DCOM Connector 4.6

My question:

With DCOM Connector support being end of lifed, what is the recommended approach for

connecting from a DTS Package into SAP?

Should the SAP .NET Connector be utilized in some way?

Regards,

Lavaughn

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're using a product called NSX with DTS (SQL 2000) to extract data from SAP. It makes it simple to extract data from SAP by making it appear almost like a ODBC source and is SAP-certified too. It internally uses DCOM connector but they plan to switch that to use .NET connector this year also, with DCOM being EOL. So I'm guessing you should be able to utilize the .NET connector similarly.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your decisions you might need to know that SAP .NET Connector is not optimized to be used from COM-based scripting languages like VB-script. Of cause you might get is running with COM-interop, especially if some third-level product offers special wrapper classes that are designed for this task.