cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the old SAP Lumira custom extension files in new Lumira version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently using SAP Lumira version 1.28.2 Build 72 and I have one old custom extension we have created which we would like to import it to this new version of SAP Lumira. I have the .js file for the old extension.

I tried opening the VizPacker.html in chrome to pack and unpack the file, but the page is stuck in "Initializing", but it doesn't move any further.

Can anyone guide us to a right path on how to do it.

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendran,

You would not be able to import the JS files in your Vizpacker Profile file that you get when you click on the save button.

Alternate why dont you try the WebIDE by importing this in that and developing it there.

Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for helping out here!!

Yes. I did try to create an new extension project in WebIDE using the plugin and imported this file and then saved and exported as an extension zip to import it in Lumira.

But unfortunately, the Lumira doesn't seem to actually import the extension. When I open the extension manager -> Manual installation -> choosing the new extension, no change in the extension manager, it just gets refreshed with the same default extension which are visible when you open the extension manager.

Is there anything we need to do specifically after importing this file to WebIDE before exporting it?

Regards,

Raghav

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendran,

The WebIDE has different project structure for the new versions of Extension. You can try the below easy approach.

1. Create a new Extension in WebIDE

2. Replace the render, css and other files from your old project into this

3. Execute and see if its running in WebIDE (optional)

4. Pack in WebIDE and install it in Lumira.

If it does not show in Extension manager, try putting the files directly in the location to check if its showing in Lumira. Ofcourse to mention the path for the extension files has changed to your User folder.

Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendran,

See if you correctly zipped. Check if you open zip it should contain bundles and features folder. Click on pack icon as shown below.

A dialog appear which indicate:

Import this file to lumira

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check the path -C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\libs

Does it has all the below mentioned javascript files:-

Regards

Ranajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay,

Except the "D3", all the other files are present. Am I missing anything here? Thanks.

Regards,
Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you must have all of them actually. I actually faced this issue once of disabled Vizpacker. Hope this should solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

D3 libraray is needed only if you run using viz packer. Include d3 library and open vizpacker it runs.