cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Target Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a segmentation model and from it created a dynamic target group with 13 members which I then released and used in a campaign.

Later I loaded some more contacts. These met the criteria for the target froup but were not automatically added. Is this the intended behaviour or the product?

To get around this I refreshed the segmentation model and watched the contact count rise from 13 to 17. However I could not see a way to refresh the target group.

Next I tried to create a new target group but the segmentation model has no option to create a fresh target group. The only option in the context menu is to open the existing target group.

My next idea was to delete the old target group in the hope that this would allow me to create a new one. There does not appear to be any option to delete a target group!

Finally I cloned my model and the cloned model had the ability to create a fresh target group. Of course the old one was still hanging around and the new one could not use my preferred name.

All of this seems like a lot of effort for what should be automatic functionality. My question is am I missing some obvious steps or is the system really designed to operate like this. Every time I load a new contact do I have to go through this whole process again?

Cliff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nidhiagarwal
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

Once you create the dynamic target Group, each time it gets executed is the time when the snap shot is automatically taken .

Say if the TG was executed at 11:00 am and is scheduled to run in interval of an hour. Also assuming that the member count changed after 11, so the change in the member count would be visible as soon as it gets executed for next scheduled run( here in our case 12:00).

ALternatively you can click on the snapshot button manually to check the difference in count of the target group.

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had not used snapshots before. I was not aware of their use but had assumed it was a way to make some sort of backup. Since your reply I've made two changes to my contacted records and each time I run a snapshot I see the record appear or disappear from my TG. Thank you.

Where do I find the ability to schedule snapshots? I have a button to create but see no scheduling function. Could this be a newer feature (I am running version 1502). Alternatively is it something I need to enable in configuration?

Also although the snapshot has changed the number of records the snapshot analysis does not show any values at all.

Is there documentation on how this stuff works? I've found lots a presentations that tell how cool the product is but not a lot on how to actually use it or configure it.

Thanks

Cliff

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any luck on finding a documentation for configuration?

Regards,

Maris

Answers (0)