cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access on premise HANA from/to HCP HANA

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Does anybody know that it is  possible to access on premise HANA database from HCP using SDA (smart data access)?

or as opposite pattern, from on premise HANA Database to HANA on HCP by SDA?

My understanding is that we could not use SAP Cloud connector for above HCP-> on premise HANA access. So we need reverce proxy setting for this type of access.

Are there any other concern, or limitation if the HCP account is trial?

or any other way to use both (on HCP and on premise) database together ?

Any suggestions are welcome.

I already saw the topic , but topic is still not completed .

Thanks and BR, 

Masashi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Masashi,

yes, you're right. Smart Data Access from HCP to OP HANA instance is not possible. This would require a support of the Database protocol in the direction to OP by the Cloud Connector. However, in the opposite direction, you can make use of a Cloud Connector Service Channel for the HANA DB in the HCP. If my understanding of Smart Database Access is correct, the channel, which is working nicely for JDBC/ODBC based database driver connectivity, should be sufficient.

Best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thnas for your support. I understand.

Masashi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Masashi,

perhaps the following would be a possible solution for you:

• install a SAP Business Connector (BC) either on the same machine as the HANA DB or in the same LAN segment
  • install the appropriate JDBC driver on the BC and generate the necessary "Flows" that expose the SQL statements you need. (A "generic" way of calling dynamic SQL statements is also possible, but I would be careful about that, as then you need to take special precausions to protect your cloud app against SQL injection vulnerabilities.)
  • using the SAP Cloud Connector (SCC), you can execute these Flows directly in your Cloud application and process the result sets from the SQL statements directly in the Java code.

This is basically what I have described in more detail here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3765598

Perhaps it can also be applied in your situation.

Best Regards, Ulrich

GQ2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masashi,

I had the same question, have you figured anything out?