cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accountg assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We want to use wbs and cost center both for projects .

We have posted PO with account assignment  wbs element,

but we want to capture this in cost center as well, so do we need to assign the cost center in wbs level ( tcode cj02 ) in control tab.

Or it will be picked by G/L account ( cost element 9740000 ) which is assigned in PO

Please let us know me about that .

Regards

Rita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rita,

As a starting point you need to understand where you want an actual posting and where you want statistical posting.

WBS has a priority as actual object compared to Cost Center, but in screen you are showing it is a statistical WBS, then actual posting will be on a Cost Center.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo

Thanks for you answer, We want actual posting on WBS and statical posting on cost center .

Would you please elaborate how i can achieve this, its quite confusing for me .

Cant I do actual posting on both cost center and wbs

Regards

Rita

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rita,

in that case you have to remove statistical check mark from wbs and make Cost Center as statistical then posting with both object it will help to get your expection.

let me know any more.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rita,

Actual-actual on both account assignments would be in contradiction with accounting principles.

Only one object can get actual-actual, any other objects will get actual-statistical (different value type).

Also consider in what relationship are your actual and statistical objects, most common 1:1 and 1:many.  And that depends on the process and on the purpose to get statistical posting elsewhere.

In your example for PO account assignment you can specify both WBS (that is not statistical) and a Cost Center, the commitment will reflect on both.  And for vendor invoice with the same account assignment there will be actual cost on WBS and statistical cost on a Cost Center.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paulo, really appreciate your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Sanjeev

Answers (0)