Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA View Activation/Validation Keeps Running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing wired issue in our SAP HANA SPS 9 env

=== Issue===

1] When we try to activate or validate any AT/AN/CV view, the process stays in running state.

2] This issue happens both on Dev and Prod environment and is INTERMITTENT only.

3] At the same time when we try to create any new view, it also goes in running state while activating.

4] Creating a copy of the existing view and trying to activate also goes in running state.Validation process goes in pending state.

5] The same time, for the tables used in view, if we try to preview the data in table, we are able to view the data.

6] I checked SYS.M_TABLE_LOCKS table but nothing suspicious found there.

7] Then I restarted only the index server but issue still persists.

8] Only the solution at this point of time we found out is to restart full HANA server but that should not be the solution

Thank You,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi guys, did you finally solved this? I'm facing the same problem

Regards

Rosmar Torres

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one please through some light on this?

Hello Lars Breddemann any idea?

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

There's not much info here to help you.

I've seen this scenario before but the root cause was a bad network between the client and HANA. That and some of the <= SP07 revisions. Have you ruled those out?

It's worth having your client as close as possible to the DB in order to avoid big roundtrips with huge serialized xml to be activated. I'm currently connecting to a WTS to the same network as the one my system is and it makes a big big difference.

One thing you can check is the presence of hanging threads on your system when activating a view. If you see a hanging activation (usually long-running 'call REPOSITORY_REST(?,?)' statements) then get the stack of it (3 samples, 1 each minute) and paste the results here. Might be worth checking if this statement gets blocked somehow if so, who's blocking.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same issue.

Did someone resolved it?

Thanks,

Amir