SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPA id and RIN number

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am from Brazil and never heard about RIN.  I am doing TSW at a project in USA and am the only "Oil" consultant. 

The customer asked me how we manage the RIN: where we store it, how we buy/sell it etc.

As I said, I have no idea.  Does anyone know how to manage the EPA RINs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I think RIN stands for Regulatory Identification Number & EPA stands for U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

Can you please check if these fields are available in the inventory master record.

If we are speaking about Investment Management then we need to check the following:

SPRO-->Investment Management-->Appropriation Requests-->Allowed Values for Certain Master Data Fields-->Define Environmental Protection Indicator (T code:S_ALR_87006385).

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I think RIN stands for Regulatory Identification Number & EPA stands for U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

Can you please check if these fields are available in the inventory master record.

If we are speaking about Investment Management then we need to check the following:

SPRO-->Investment Management-->Appropriation Requests-->Allowed Values for Certain Master Data Fields-->Define Environmental Protection Indicator (T code:S_ALR_87006385).

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

0 Kudos

As I understand it is as follows ::

A Renewable Identification Number (or RIN) is a serial number assigned to a batch of biofuel for the purpose of tracking its production, use, and trading as required by theUnited States Environmental Protection Agency's Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) implemented according to the Energy Policy Act of 2005.