cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate D&B repository data into MDG UI?

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having one requirement to get D&B specific fields’ data into our custom fields of MDG UI through a web service call (WSDL link).

Like based on certain address fields in MDG, we need to fetch the D&B specific fields data into our custom MDG fields When the requester fills in the name and address details ,a request is sent to on premise D&B repository using web services and populate that data.

Also, there is a periodic synchronization for updating the MDG and D&B specific fields and update our database table?

Could anyone please help/insights of how can we utilize this WSDL and populate the our MDG custom fields, Is there any enrichment spot where we can use or some kind of API Class which can read the data from that URL?

Any useful help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards

Prateek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For MDG, D&B are just an external service that is trying to update business partner (customer/vendor) master data. Think about it as another system in your landscape that has its own master data.

Now, you need to consider whether you want to accept D&B as is or whether you want to govern it. If you say that you want to accept D&B as is without any governance, then MDG is completely out of the picture. You just setup an inbound interface from D&B that goes directly to your master data. There is no reason to involve MDG here. Most probably, the fields that D&B will be updating should be removed from the governance scope.

If you do want to govern the D&B updates (meaning that they have to go through approval), you can establish an interface that automatically creates a CR upon receipt of data from D&B. This will most likely be a custom program/class/object you create that uses the MDG API. You still have to create CR Types to handle this type of changes. See this document for how to program with MDG API's: .

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for the response.

Actually, In my scenario we are creating a CR for vendor creation in which we want to populate the D&B repository data into our custom fields from the web service so that the data from D&B fields through that WSDL URL. will be populated in the respective fields of the UI.

My question is basically do we have to go with some kind of enrichment spot where we can read that field value from the URL and populate in our UI, if so can you please let me know how can I achieve that and  if no dedicated enrichment spots where we need to do the modification to achieve this.

Regards

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still not sure what is the point of doing that. Please review your approach and wether it adds any value to the MDG process.

In any case, you can look at this document that talks about enrichment spots and how to use them (the answer to your question as you pointed is using enrichment spots): .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what Prateek is trying to do is :

User kicks off a  CR to create a vendor - user types in the basic name and address info and then wants this info to go to D&B (via a web service) which brings back a result that  includes standardized name/address data  & potentially many other identified fields. User reviews the data and then submits it for subsequent enrichment via the workflow.

Prateek wants to know how to integrate the D&B call during vendor creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makes sense; yep, enrichment spot is the way to go; just like USPS address validation.

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for the clarifying the question.

Hi Abdullah,

We can write the logic in enrichment feeder and adapter class, but how can we consume the WSDL link service before this enrichment spot.

Regards

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing you can do is build a proxy class that will call the web service. You can search in SCN and help.sap.com for how to do that. Here are a couple of documents that might be helpful that I found with a quick Google search (the first one mentions D&B by name):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73EhP1/helpdata/en/de/e83076fef3491497ddd597732422cb/content.htm

Web Service consumer using ABAP-PROXY - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki