cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Refresh procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you please send me "Client Refresh Procedure"? I haven't found any official SAP Guide in Marketplace.

After reading lot of Internet Queries like (Steps For SAP Client Copy / System Refresh), I got an idea that it has same procedure as client copy.

Above query says, we have to create a client using SCC4 then this is a client copy, right?

I would like to just refresh the existing client with correct data, I assume, this means client refresh.

Please share your ideas?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

1.  You can find the link with three different method of Client copy

From this you have to select in which method you want to follow client copy from PRD to either QAS or DEV.

Above query says, we have to create a client using SCC4 then this is a client copy, right?

In target system if you want to keep the same client(you no need to create a client using the transaction code SCC4) you have to perform the client copy method  either remote or Client export / Import method, Kindly refer above link

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sreenu,

Yes Sreenu your understanding is correct.

Still some more insights as below.

A client refresh involves refreshing the data of the existing data target client. It is based on the client copy profile used for the copy process. Instead of a two-step process of deleting the target client and then performing a client copy, the client refresh process can do it in one step.

Client refresh refreshes only one client.

Thanks

Sriram