cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i have one small dout ,i want to get an email address of persons if they are not avaliable like some one went for vacation or left for the company .can i get the supervisor email address to notify the same email.To fetch the email address from external system like LDAP server and then can i need send an email notificaiton to the same level or supervisor?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If I am correct, you want to send an email to someone’s supervisor if this person is not available?  I assume you are talking about buyers or are you talking about suppliers as this can make a lot of difference in approach.

Let’s assume you are talking about buyers, then some questions would pop-up:

1. 1.     How would you know someone is on vacation or left the company?
  2. 2.     Which email notifications do you want to forward to the supervisor?
  3. 3.     Is it the intention that the supervisor needs to take action in the system (if yes then they need also a profile in the system, this can be another directory).
  4. 4.     You mentioned external LDAP, do you mean external from your network?  If so then there is more work to this as it will involve firewalls and external parties will not allow you to connect inside their network unless there are some security measurements in place (like a duplicate/seperate LDAP in a DMZ zone and even for this they will not be so keen for this or connection through VPN).  You could also opt to have a customized field in the person’s user profile which contains the email address of the supervisor and from there you can pick it up to do whatever you have to do to send the additional email and you do not have to connect to another LDAP.

There are some standard features in Sap Sourcing for workflows to delegate the approval to someone else in case of absence, of source this has to be set on the profile of the person which is absent and the supervisor needs also a user-id in the system. Automatically all approval requests will be forward to the delegated person while they are absent, once they return and remove the delegated person from their profile the approvals will return to the original approver.

If on the other hand you want other email notifications to be sent to the supervisor you will have to write a script, so customized code, to be able to trap this and redirect it to another person.

It looks to me you are making this very complicated for something which maybe does not have to be done in the system but more in a process.  What is the business case for your question?