cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process multiple files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to process multiple files from sender side in a folder with one communication channel.

Thanks,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much for your reply. My explanation was wrong in previous one I am not acpecting that one. Actually my requirement is, suppose i have 2 files

file1.xml

file2.xml

first i want to process file2.xml and then file1.xml.

What is the purpose of Advanced selection for source file.

Thanks,

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>first i want to process file2.xml and then file1.xml.</i>

1. FileName will be file*.xml in the sender file adapter.

2. Processing Sequence should be --> By Date.

Now, if file 2 is created in the source directory first and then file 1 is created the file 2 will be proceesed first.

If you choose ByName as the processing sequence then file 1 will be picked first.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Fine, But how can i handle multiple files at receiver side also. I know only we can give target file name as one but here we should handle multiple files. so how can we give multiple fle names as target files.

Thanks,

satish.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have an option of adding time stamp.....this will make sure that when u creating a file each time there will a different name generated.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select EOIO in the sender file adapter as Quality of service and give any name for the Queue Field.

In the receiver file adapter , you can have multiple options like add time stamp or add counter , etc.

Regards

Bhavesh

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Also u can make use of the option "advanced selection for file sources " in order to process multiple files in the source directory with one communication channel and u can also exclude the unwanted files.

Have a luk at this blog:

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multiple files present in the same directory, then you can use wild card characters to achieve the same.

File Name schema : .

This will process all the files in the particular folder.

Regards,

Jai Shankar