Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR release strategy being reset due to exchange rate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Our release strategy classification is maintained in USD

PR created in currency RMB

Example the PR is require 2 approval level.

1st level is approved on today.

Then when 2nd level try to approve few days later,it will cancel current release and re-trigger new release strategy ( PR value change due to exchange rate from RMB to USD )

User didn't make any changes on pr price,why system will recheck the value again?Is this standard behavior?

Is it possible to lock the exchange rate based on creation date,unless user make some changes on PR price only will recheck the current exchange rate?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member370848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm also facing the same issue in purchase requisition.

Could you please help me how to fix this issue, as I have gone through many threads but no solution found.

Based on the exchange rates fluctuation system is retriggering for approval for old purchase requisition.

Please advise how to restrict PR release strategy for exchange rates.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

AMD

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amd

first of what release indicator your using it for PR release strategy and also change the changeablity in for that by selecting the indicator and click on the details buttton and follow the screen shot. it might be give you result, release will not reset for your exchange rates

Regards

Sudhakar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where do you change your exchange rate, in which transaction?

As long the PR is not changed in ME52N it will not even know about any exchange rate change.

former_member370848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All Thanks for reply.

@ Jurgen: I have updated the exchange rate in OB08.

Then if i update the PR with any of the fileds which are not relevent for release strategy,

sytem is considering exchange rates internally and  release strategy level changed from one level to another level and PR stauts is being changed to blocked.

Please suggest hwo to restrict it PR.

Thanks,

AMD

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a user exit for release strategy active?

Did this change of the exchange rate result in getting over a value threshold and hence determination of a new strategy?

former_member370848
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you have a user exit for release strategy active?

Yes, we have an ehnhancemnt implemented for release strategy for only 5 fields. If we change these fields then only system should retrigger for approval.

Did this change of the exchange rate result in getting over a value threshold and hence determination of a new strategy?

Yes. Due to exchange rate fluctualtion release stratergy level changed.

Thanks,

AMD

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amd

Is the net value of the PR is one of the field of enhancement, if it is yes as it change the value of the net value of PR , that is the reason it is creating new strategy.

Regards

Sudhakar

0 Kudos

Hi Nazs,

If you were able to solve this problem, can you tell me the solution? I have the same problem.

Regards

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tested the scenario  in EHP 4 with multiple currency and the PR strategy is not re-determined by change in exchange rate! Could you please check whether any changes has been done by the user in the PR change log or test the same with a new PR. If its re-triggering, let us know your SAP release details with EHP, and the release indicator.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Please check your release indicatos .Seems this is a standard behaviour . Just have a look over this thred . http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPSCM/Multiple+Currencies+in+PO+Release+Strategy?original_fqdn... Though for PO might apply  for PR as being standard behaviour ? Regards,

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Disallow releaser on changing documents with release code which they are not assigned to

Regards,

Biju K