Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS Connectivity

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

I am trying to configure FTPS on the receiver communication channel. I am using password authentication method for the same. After configuring the channel I am getting the below error,

Attempt to process file failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

Note : I am able to reach to the same server which I am trying to configure in PI via filezilla and there I have not got any problem.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vishal1889
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Since it is SSL communication, you must have CA Certificate imported in the TrustedCA keystore view of your PI System.

Best way would be to import the complete certifciate chain in TrustedCA which should have CA Certificate as well.

Regards

Vj

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses.

@Vishal - Can you please confirm CA certificate which I have to import is what I should get from 3rd party. So my understanding here is if there are lets say 4 third parties then I have to import 4 CA certificates.

Also I can see few certificates in my system already present, how can I differentiate which certificate belongs to which third party.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Check from PI server all the ports/firewalls enabled.

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghuraman for the response.

Can you please let me kow if I need to mandatorily check X.509 certificate for client authentication while FTPS configuration.

Also do I need to upload a certificate in Key store.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer  the blog

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

It depends on the authentication method which your FTP requires.

It can certificate or username/password.