cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trapping IFrame content actions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a WebDynpro application with a View. THe View contains an IFrame and a list of URLs. When I click on a particular URL, I open the corresponding WD Application inside the IFrame. This works fine.

But now I want to trap the actions performed on the WD inside the IFrame. And depeding on that I want to change the visibility of the outer View's (Containing IFrame & URLs) UI elements.

The problem is whatever actions I perform on the view inside the IFrame, the modidfyView method of the outer View is not called. And so I'm unable to change the visibilty of outer View elements.

Any clues to make this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

VaibhaV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vaibhav,

I see no other way except reloading outside View's application.

1. IFrame has links with target="_parent"

2. This links point to outer application and contains some parameters ("hide-extras=true&url=<current-iframe-url>")

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

u can get the instance of the view outside wdDoModify also by having some reference variable.

just read the URl thru webContextAdapter and try to there to change the properties of the outerView.

Wishes

Krishna Kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish Kanth,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please tell me how to get the instance of the View outside wdDOModify? And where should I (in which method of View/Controller/Interface) change the properties of the outer View? Will it then automatically trigger the modify method once the proerties are changed?

Regards,

VaibhaV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

have a dummy method created with parameter of view object and call the same method from wdDoModify for the first time and u can have the view instance in that dummy method and from there u can access view properties any time u want.

Wishes

Krishna Kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish Kanth,

Agreed that I can get a View Instance associated with a variable of the method. But the thing is from where can I I call this method? And if the method is taking in a View object how can it return me back the object?

Thanks & Regards,

VaibhaV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

See create a method called ViewMethod and have the return Type as JavaNativeType IWDView and parameter too.

Then u can call this method in if(firstTime) od wdDoModifyView and latter u can have reference of it.

Wishes

Krishna Kanth