cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to upload DIR thru BAP_DOCUMENT_CREATE2. I have taken the steps as follows,

1. Stored the original in c:\temp

2. Excel upload format.

When trying to upload the file I am getting the below error "ERROR while check-in & storing: c:\temp\document.doc".

I checked in Log and checked the details of message it says (File_open_error)

Could you please help where am I wrong.

I have checked the forums and found few inputs but still facing this problem.

And one surprise is sometimes this program runs fine w/o any problem. I checked the Content repository its up and running fine.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone please suggest how to overcome this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to upload manually using DMS and check if there are any errors

Separate logic for document create and file checkin

As far as I remember you need to push file to Application server and then call check-in function module

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Did you try checking in file in CV01 transaction as Axle suggested, if its an error then you need check DMS configuration.

If success then we can check further.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan, Axle support,

I am able to check-in the documents by using CV01N manually, I found one interesting thing with these BAPI_CHECKOUT_VIEW2, BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL 2(Used to download the DIR with originals, object link, additional data) BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2(to upload the DIR).

1. When I download the DIR by using two BAPI in ZTCODE with original filename of originals(DIR) and try to upload these files by Create2 BAPI few DIR successfully upload and few fail.

2. When I download the DIR with original file name renamed to user id(DC30-NoREname checkbox), and try uploading the DIR by create2 BAPI all the files upload & creates DIR successfully w/o errors.

Did anyone come across this scenario and what are your thoughts on this behavior.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar