cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Column limit in LISTCUBE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have a requirement where i want to remove the 72 column limit from Listcube and

run on background to export the entire cube output as .CSV file on application server.

I cannot use Openhub and i am looking for alternative method other than APD .

Is there way to alter a copy of the background program RSDD_SHOW_ICUBE to remove column limit (For example i have over 120 fields) and load line in background directly to AL11 ?

I also checked SAP Note 1479893 and some other related links and documents(Attached) on SDN but none were giving an exact workaround.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhamini,

You can try writing a ABAP program and calling the function module RSDRC_INFOCUBE_READ in it. The drawback is you have to define all 120 fields you want to pass to the function module for the cube read. Since no other options are good enough for you, you can give this a try.

I doubt if it will work, but its worth a try. Do update this post if you find a solution to this, it might help others.

Benedict

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Benedict.

I did not get the rquired FM in the ystem. Only  BAPI_INFCUBE_READ_REMOTE_DATA under the RSDRI function Group .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhamini,

You can use the function module RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ under RSDRI function group to read the infocube data.

Create a report program with this function module to read the entire cube contents to create a CSV file.

Br, Harish

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Bhamini,

Our system is 7.3SP12 and we have this func module. You say you are not able to use openhub, why is that? Is there a field limitation? cos I did no find any document on the max field limit for Openhub's.

1. If number of fields is a limitation you can have two different Openhub's and join the output using a ABAP program.

2. Join multiple fields into one field in the openhub and later split the fields using a ABAP program

Benedict

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benedict,

Thanks for your reply, yes we have a different release.

I cannot use Openhubs due to Budget limitations , not technical limitations, else infospokes would have been a good and easy solution.

May be APD is the best approach .

Best Regards

Bhamini Jha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the following documentation by Mr. Raparthi

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-11804

This has helped me to skip the selection and select upto 99 , but not more in list view. I am currently testing if more columns are possible in .csv application server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to transfer a file over 112 columns in application server.

The only changes to the above document done is to call in FM 'RSDQ_VIEW_INFOPROV' instead of 'RSDQ_VIEW_DATATARGET' . And the import values accordingly.

Now i can automate by PC and make Variants on the program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to transfer a file over 112 columns in application server.

The only changes to the above document done is to call in FM 'RSDQ_VIEW_INFOPROV' instead of 'RSDQ_VIEW_DATATARGET' . And the import values accordingly.

Now i can automate by PC and make Variants on the program.