cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Object to existing universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From a real beginner's perspective, I am trying to add an object to an existing universe that was left out when initially designed.Is this a simple process that a mere beginner can accomplish, or does it take a certain amount of expertise ? I'm using BOBJ 6.5 ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating a object in the universe is simple if you know which table object you have to map in the universe object.

it's good if you spend some time on universe concepts also.

SAP BO Universe Designer Guide for Beginners | SAP Materials, Documents, Tutorials

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

The key here is to understand what type of object it should be.

There are three types - dimensions, details and measures.

Dimensions - objects that you'd measure something by - Customer ID, Retail Price, Region Code, Sales Date, Product Description, etc.

Details - trivial information that you won't access much - Gender, Number of Wheels, Envelope Size

Measures - value items that aggregate - sales quantity, cost value, attendance, etc.

Measures should typically have an aggregation function around them:

sum(sales_fact.sales_quantity)

As an aside, 6.5 is old. By old, I mean it was launched winter 04/05. The designer module hasn't changed much in the last ten years though so much of the advice on designing universe will still be valid. If you google, there might still be a 6.5 designer guide online via scribd or another archiving site.

Regards,

Mark

saurabh_raheja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

This is very simple process.

Objects can be added to existing universe.

Just check the parsing of object once you make the object in universe.

Regards,

Saurabh