cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Office 4.1 SP6 - Datetime prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We're experiencing an issue with Live Office 4.1 SP6 Patch 2.

I've logged an incident with SAP Support. While awaiting feedback, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Work flow:

• create a new Live Office object with the SP6 Patch 4 client. Make sure there's a date condition:
  • select a date from the calendar drop-down when prompted:

• finish the object creation, notice the query refreshes without errors
  • press the "refresh object" button in the Live Office UI and keep the previously chosen value selected > an error is thrown:

Live Office's log-file.txt shows the following error:

ERROR 2015-09-30 11:55:36,381 [9040]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at BusinessObjects.LiveOffice.LiveOfficeUI.WebiUIModule.ConsolidatePromptsDialogs.updateDocAndSnapshot(WebiAddinDocument webiReport, QueryContext[] queryContexts, PromptInfo[] promptInfos, Boolean mustFillPrompts)

at BusinessObjects.LiveOffice.LiveOfficeUI.WebiUIModule.ConsolidatePromptsDialogs.ShowReport(ILiveObject liveobject, IWin32Window owner)

at BusinessObjects.LiveOffice.LiveOfficeUI.BaseConsolidatePrompts.DoShow(IWin32Window owner, IBaseAddinInterface crystalAddin, ILiveObjects liveObjects, String sConnectionState, String sWebServiceURL, ILiveObjects updateList)

The same work flow seems to work fine on our 4.1 SP5 Patch4 environment.

Thanks

Dwight

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm that this bug is fixed in 4.1 SP6 P9 and SP8 P0. I didn't test other releases.

We encountered another problem with Live Office date conditions in those releases though:

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP support confirmed this is a bug and a fix is scheduled for release:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2216009

0 Kudos

Have you gotten a response from SAP?  We have experienced a similar problem after upgrading to SP6.  We get this error when trying to open document:  "An error occurred while parsing value "11/2/2015 12:00:00 AM" of type "DateTime"."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick

The error on our end appears to be caused by the day and month values switching places in the date format, but only after the initial refresh.

SAP support suggested to take a look at the prm files in the <install dir>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer directory.

Our universes run on Oracle databases, so I'm looking at the following prm file on the BI server:

<install dir>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\oracle\extensions\qt\oracle.prm

Interesting parameters in that file:

• USER_INPUT_DATE_FORMAT (default value: 'dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm:ss')
  • DATABASE_DATE_FORMAT (default value: DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS)

Query's with date prompts seem to work fine on our test environment if i set both of those parameters to 'MM-DD-...' instead.

This change also has an impact on SQL generated by WebI. (and possibly other applications in the BI platform?)

Why the date format has to be set to "month-day-year" for it to work, is still unclear to me.

I did notice that the format of date prompts in the live office interface is always 'mm/dd/yyyy hh:mi:ss', no matter what the preferred viewing locale is of the BI user.

As far as I can tell, this behavior is different from the SP5 live office interface.

Our support ticket with SAP is still in progress.

Dwight

Edit 1:

Apparently SAP is looking into the issue with the date prompts format described above:

SAP note 2216009 - When inserting a universe query or Web Intelligence document based on a date obje...

Message was edited by: Dwight Degryse