cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 5.0 - Escape Key to enter a t-code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the SAP Logon GUI you can press the ESC key to automatically go to the t-code input field with your cursor.

Is this also possible in the NWBC 5.0 Client? I can't find a setting for this and with the standard setting it is not working that way.

Thanks and best regards

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I didn't actually know you could do that in SAPGUI, thanks for teaching me something! Have you already seen the NWBC shortcut keys?

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/ad/34a5dfcd2449eaad97b669e9c869d6/content.htm

If you use CTRL+ALT+L you can change focus to the Quick Launch bar in the NWBC client.

Hope that helps,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your very helpful answer. I didn't know about the shortcuts before.

Pressing the ESC key to enter a t-code was a very good function in the SAP GUI. Unfortunately the ESC key is not working as shortcut key within the NWBC. So I used another combination than the default value and this is an acceptable solution for me.

Thanks and best reagards ,

Tim

danny_roussel4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I'm also struggling to get that ESC key behaviour back, any succes with it?

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

you can configure your own shortcuts but the ESC key is not a valid key.

I changed it to ALT-A. For me it was an acceptable solution.

BR

Tim

danny_roussel4
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tom! I have also tried with ALT-A but no luck, it remains CTRL-ALT-L... I have placed the following code in C:\ProgramData\SAP\NWBC\NwbcOptions.xml: FocusSpeedBar A ALT Focus on Quick Launch/Search Bar What did I do wrong? Dannny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

your parameter looks good. Did you restart the NWBC?

BR

Tim

danny_roussel4
Participant
0 Kudos

Tom,

any change you could mail me your XML file please?

danny at libeert dot com

Thanks anyway!

danny

Answers (0)