Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEPENDENT TABLE VBAK is not coming while creating view using table VBAP

former_member328875
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating database view Joining VBAK & VBAP tables. But when clicking on 'Relationship' button there is no VBAK. Please suggest why VBAK is not showing in Dependent Table section.

Thanks,
Saquib

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's because VBAP-VBELN has a foreign key to VBUK-VBELN, not to VBAK. VBAK-VBELN also has a foreign key to VBUK.

You can join the three tables, or you can do the join manually, as suggested by Michael.

Regards

Luis Becker

7 REPLIES 7

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please try manually apply JOIN conditions.

Br

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's because VBAP-VBELN has a foreign key to VBUK-VBELN, not to VBAK. VBAK-VBELN also has a foreign key to VBUK.

You can join the three tables, or you can do the join manually, as suggested by Michael.

Regards

Luis Becker

0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the response. Yes manual relationship between VBAK and VBAP is fine. But why it's not coming automatically if there is common key between VBAK & VBAP...that is VBELN. So I think there should be an automatic join between them.

Thanks,

Saquib

0 Kudos

Hi Saquib

Even though VBAK and VBAP are sales order header and itens, there's no direct relationship between then in the ABAP dictionary. The common key is from VBUK, and when you're creating a view, the dictionary detects only direct relationships, not indirect. So, the only way to include an automatic join is including table VBUK.

Regards

Luis Becker

0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your response. It's helpful I have few queries related to Maintenance view:

1. Is TMG is mandatory in case of Maintenance view.

2. How outer join works (It's in Help and maintenance view I think but not in DATABASE & Projection View).

3. Is Maintenance view works for customized tables or for standards tables also (In my knowledge we can't directly change or delete in standard tables so little confusion as I didn't get a chance to work on Maintenance view.

What is use of the following:

Authorization group (Creation) ---> How we can create our own authorization group and what is it's purpose?

Single step & Two step Maintenance type ---->What is impact and difference of these two?

Thanks in advance for further help on maintenance view.

Regards,

Saquib

0 Kudos

Hi Saquib

1. Is TMG is mandatory in case of Maintenance view.

No, but it doesn't make sense to create a maintenance view without a maintenance dialog, that's their purpose.

2. How outer join works (It's in Help and maintenance view I think but not in DATABASE & Projection View).

As every outer join in tables (left outer join gets all records from left table even if no record corresponding in right table).

3. Is Maintenance view works for customized tables or for standards tables also (In my knowledge we can't directly change or delete in standard tables so little confusion as I didn't get a chance to work on Maintenance view.

If the table allows editing the entries it might be possible, but definetely not recommendable.

What is use of the following:

Authorization group (Creation) ---> How we can create our own authorization group and what is it's purpose?

Please check the SAP help: Maintain authorization groups - BC - Generate Table Maintenance Dialog - SAP Library

Single step & Two step Maintenance type ---->What is impact and difference of these two?

Just the layout - you may have all the entries and edit in a single screen (single step), or have the entries in a screen and double click to edit the details or create a new entry (two step).

Regards

Luis Becker

0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the help. One more question: what is the use of FM F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_USER_COMP in collective search help. I found somewhere it was using but without this FM collective search help is working fine so confused what is use of this FM.

Thanks,
Saquib