Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpacking of Handling Unit

mark_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am currently doing a test in Outbound Delivery with Handling Unit for a retail industry client. A separate SLoc was already created for the Packaging Article (separate from Goods). For the issuance, an STO will be used as reference in creating an Outbound Delivery. The packing was successfully done in VL02N and a Goods Receipt was also posted to the receiving site. I am looking for a solution on how to unpack the HU then should be returned to the issuing site since it has an inventory.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need everyone's help.

I was expecting that when a Goods Receipt of STO is posted the inventory of the packaging article assigned as HU will be transferred also to the receiving site. In MMBE, the inventory of HU sloc is deducted but the in the in-transit location, it is not reflected.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you pack your material with the packaging? if yes then it is not more new, it is used and consumed from stock.

if you unpack your material at the receiving plant, then you have in general just material and packaging waste.

If it is not waste for then you would probably need to design the process differently, e.g. as returnable packaging process: Packaging Logistics - SAP Library.

mark_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, the packing was done in VL02N. Now, I don't know how to unpack the HU to get the stock in it using a t-code. At first, I was expecting when I do GR using the STO provided, the articles that are packed into a HU will be unpacked and the packaging article quantity will be transferred to the recepient. Another requirement is the packaging (HU) is treated as returnable, which it should be returned to the supplying site. Have you implented once with this case?

Thank You.

Mark