cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using IoT table (T_IOT_....) in Calculation View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to use the the IoT table (T_IOT_....) in one of the Calculation Views but I am not able to drag and drop the same in the calculation view definition. However, when I create a new table in the same schema then I am allowed to drag and drop the new table.

Please can you help me with the solution as how I can use the IoT table (T_IOT_....) in a calculation view?

I don't see any error message in Eclipse Luna while I do the drag and drop but it simply doesn't add.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Manish 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

currently IoT tables are being created as row store tables and hence are not ready for HANA analytics. Please, alter a table and change it to column store table before working with calculation views.

Regards,

Anton

P.S. ALTER TABLE NEO_<long ID>.T_IOT_<msg_type_ID> COLUMN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

Many thanks!

It fixed the issue, thanks!

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I wanted to understand a bit more your statement "not ready for HANA analytics". We can usually use any row store table for modeling. What is the exact limitation? Also, is this limitation linked to the HANA version(85) available for trial accounts?

Thanks

Jayant

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

IoT Tables (T_IOT_*) are "row" tables by default. And it is only possible to create "calculation views" from "column" tables. That is why "they are not ready for analytics (out of the box)". You will have to execute a manual step in order to achieve that (see SQL ALTER statement above).

Regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

The workaround is understood. BUT, i like to challenge the statement implying that row store tables cannot be used for calculation views. In fact, i just did a quick test to verify . With the newer version of HANA(102), calculation view can use a Row store table. The issue is specific to HANA version 85(the one made available for trail instance users).

Thanks

Jayant

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I see. But myself I tested with Trial instance only. So, not sure about latest HANA version. If you say it worked for you, then there are no limitations and workarounds.

Regards,

Anton

Answers (0)