cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have issue on settlement amount, i settled wbs amount to gl account then the amount updated in gl as well as showing in wbs element also.

is it correct process???

if not please guide me on this...

my user is asking he don't want assign settlement rule every month, i executed cjb1 but it is not working.......

Best Regards,

siddu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you settle by value or % in the settlement rule?

You don't need to create new settlement rules every period.

And settlement is a CR and DR posting to move values from one CO object to another (or Balance Sheet account) so you will a posting line on the WBS (a CR) and on the G/L account (a DR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

May be below points will clear your confusions:

1) You have already settled actuals to GL, means Project is already allowed for GL as settlement receivers.

2) After settlement, you actuals will reflect in WBS as well as in GL. It is not like that the value gets transferred after settlement. Values would be in positive & negative entries and that results the sum to 0 in CJI3 after settlement.

3) In CJI3 report, both entry (actual & settlement) can be seen. and also can be categorize by Document type.

Thanks

Shishir

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

Even though you settle the cost to G/L, WBS element will have the actual cost displayed.

When you close the WBS element, system will check whether all the actual cost are settled, then it will allow to close.

If you check in CJI5 including settlement layout, settlement transaction will be in negative.

Regards

Terence

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

If user does'nt need settlement , then in settlement profile select not for settlement as shown in the screen shot. But don't settle it to G/l .

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

Thanks for quick response,

We want settle the cost against GL after settlement the actual cost it it updating and as well as WBS also, i want to know the functionality.

Regards,

Siddu.

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

I did not get you.. You mean that you want know, what is the functionality of settling to a G/l.. ?

As you said , if you settle a cost to G/l , then you will have double effect. In ur case settling to G/l is not justed..

Thanking you

Vengaiah