cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranport between PI 7.31 SP05 to PI 7.31 SP15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are busy upgrading our PI system from PI 7.31 SP05 to PI 7.31 SP15. Once we upgrade PID system can we transport PID to PIQ because there will be two different versions (PID is SP15 and PIQ is SP05), or we need to create separate sandbox for this requirement, what is the best practice for this approach? Please let me know your experience on this topic, answer will be rewarded.

Regards,

Rachana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like the features mentioned the link

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rachana,

Transport should not be a problem unless if you are some feautures of SP15 which are not available in the SP05.

And you can upgrade your PIQ also to SP15 right?what is stopping from doing that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Thanks for your answer, if we start upgrading it will take one month to finish upgrading PID, PIQ and PIP, in the mean time if we need to fix something in PID and transport to PIP the PID and PIP service packs are different, that is why I am asking it is safe to transport between different service packs or do we need to create sandbox for this and keep sandbox version SP05 and make the changes in Sandbox and transport to production.

Regards,

Rachana.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rachana,

It should not be a problem.Are you goin to use any new funcionalites in SP15?

Anyways just keep a backup for the safety.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachana,

Thanks for your answer, if we start upgrading it will take one month to finish upgrading PID, PIQ and PIP, in the mean time if we need to fix something in PID and transport to PIP the PID and PIP service packs are different, that is why I am asking it is safe to transport between different service packs

Higher PL to lower PL is not recommended. Lower PL to higher PL should be okay because they should be backwards-compatible. However, please still do a regression test since your mappings may function incorrectly under the higher PL.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response, so finally which I can proceed can you please confirm?

1. Prepare Sandbox system with SP05 and do the fixes in Sandbox and transport to PIP while upgrade time

2. Without Sandbox can we transport the changes from SP15 to SP05 and do the regression test in PIQ and then transport to PIP

Regards,

Rachana.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachana,

1. Prepare Sandbox system with SP05 and do the fixes in Sandbox and transport to PIP while upgrade time

Should be okay.

2. Without Sandbox can we transport the changes from SP15 to SP05 and do the regression test in PIQ and then transport to PIP

This is not recommended as some mappings might not work, just do regression test and see what happens

Regards,

Mark