Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Webdynpro component with embedded views

Hi All,

I have 3 WDA components A, B and C. The comp. A has 2 viewcontaineruielement in one of it's view. Each of these viewcontaineruielement embeds a view from component B and C. So the initial display of component A view has 2 views (one each from B and C). The view of B has an action. Now when I click on this action it displays another view from comp. B. But along with this view it is also displaying the view from comp. C which I don't need.

I want to make view from C invisible. But to do this, I am not able to access the view info either from A or B. Note that, the views are called dynamically called in A.

Any idea on how I can know that I am currently using the component B? If I know it, then I can make the view of comp. C invisible and then achieve the required result.

Regards,

Madan..

replied

Hi Nishant,

Thanks again. I have achieved my requirement using interface node.

The reason I was not getting the data in the using component (A) was because my dynamic navigation parameter values were wrong.

if_wd_view_controller->IF_WD_NAVIGATION_SERVICES_NEW~DO_DYNAMIC_NAVIGATION(

SOURCE_WINDOW_NAME =  window name of using comp. A

SOURCE_VUSAGE_NAME =  usage name found in window properties

SOURCE_PLUG_NAME   =  outbound plug from the view in A

TARGET_COMPONENT_NAME =  = Used Comp. B

TARGET_COMPONENT_USAGE = Comp. usage name for B in A

TARGET_VIEW_NAME   =  View name in comp. B

TARGET_PLUG_NAME   =  Inbound plug in comp. B

TARGET_EMBEDDING_POSITION = View in A/viewcontaineruielement name which embeds view of comp. B

Regards,

Madan

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question