Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Drawbacks with MSMP?

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello GRC Mates,

Just want to know What are the Drawbacks with MSMP provided with GRC 10.0?

Could find few information but still would like to know more based on your experience.

Regards,

Deepak M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Not so much an MSMP drawback but more an inconsistency with GRC workflow - not all workflows are against MSMP configuration. It closely resembles comment from Baithi that ou cannot create your own custom MSMP process

I look at role re-certification and items that use background jobs to generate workflow based on role owners/risks owners/etc - I'd rather the flexibility to use MSMP for them as well. I hate that you have to define Access Control Owners to be used for certain functionality as it forces manual update of users to receive their full access. You can't automate this via standard ARQ (i.e. assigning FF owner role should automatically add you as a FF Owner).

The other observation i had is share/re-use of Agent and other rules. If you have want to build say an Agent Rule based on PFCG role and use it for two different workflows, then you need to define that rule against both MSMP Process Ids. Therefore, if you make a change you have to change it twice

I haven't been on the system for a while but those were the two main frustrations I had with MSMP/workflow. However, I'm still a huge fan with the flexiblities for it all

Regards

Colleen

P.s. it'd be nice to hear which ones you have found

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot baithi and Colleen.

Will update you with few more that I found soon.

Still I will keep the discussion open to get more inputs.

Regards,

Deepak M

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Some information on MSMP

1.MSMP workflows works and supports only ABAP engine,not support for UWL(Universal Worklist)

workflows

Ref:1713907 - UWL is not supported for Access Controls 10.0 and 10.1 workflows

2.We cannot create new custom MSMP process

Ref:1940955 - Not able to Create custom MSMP process

3.We cannot use custom BRF+ initiator/agent rules for SOD/UAR review in MSMP

Ref:2214774 - SOD Review/UAR custom Initiator and Agent using BRF+, is it supported?

Hope this helps you

Regards

Baithi

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well,

is there anything else can be used instead on MSMP in GRC 10?

honestly.. drawback for consultants not companies.

companies can achieve almost 90% of their requirement compared to earlier version.

drawback is, u know this is possible ,find right logic and implement it.

as AB said more specific would be great.

since its like finding drawback in boon.

Regards

PKP

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

if you know what you do you don't have drawbacks 🙂 I suggest to ask a more specific question since this can't be answered generally. It pretty much depends on the requirements where MSMP might reach its limits.

Regards,

Alessandro