Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with error transactions in SAP WM 6.1

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SAP WM 6.1.

Error transactions are getting transmitted even after correcting those transactions.

Below is the basic scenario:

1. Modify description of a Work Order from SAP WM 6.1
  2. Open the same WO in backend (IW32) before transmitting. I intentionally opened this WO in IW32 to get some error
  3. Transmit
  4. Got error as the WO is opened in change mode
  5. Before transmitting again modify description to what it was (or something else other than description in step 1)
  6. Transmit (this time this WO is not opened in IW32)
  7. Transmitted successfully
  8. Checked in backend for the description of this Work Order. Here the description is what I have modified in step – 1. Why Step – 5 modifications didn’t transmitted to backend?

Same issue happening in Notifications, WO Components, Notification Items etc when those transactions gets some backend error in first transmit.

To solve this issue, In my development environment I am discarding particular WO or Notification and downloading them again to transmit the correct data to backend . But it is very difficult for the end users to discard and do the whole work again as they might have spent few hours on a particular WO or Notification.

Bill Froelich

How can we address this issue?

Regards,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

This seems like Transaction Merge issue in Agentry. Please check the definition of WorkOrderPost transaction to ensure it will merge with ANY Transaction and SIMILAR transactions.

thanks

Chandra

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your reply.

May I know why such configurations are not there in standard OOB solution?

I have given here a very basic example. If error occurs with other transactions (like adding component, item, activity etc) also I have to follow the same process (discard WO/Noti and do the entire work again).

-Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

even i have faced this issue on and we raised an OSS ticket to SAP but SAP guy replied that this standard behavior.

To get it work we implement below mentioned link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp305sdk/helpdata/en/7c/1377e270061014850186682084ba53/content.htm

Thanks

Ajitesh